It's been a good weekend, and my spirits have been better these last couple of days than they have in a while. A few quick things come to mind before I retire to find out how Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.'s first foray into politics worked out for him.
- We had a showing today. Hope hope hope!
- If nothing else, the house still looks and (mostly) smells great. It's a wonderful feeling to relax on the couch and not see anything that needs to be cleaned or picked up.
- Today I wore a new, cheap impulse buy dress with some older accessories - shoes a friend gave me (gasp) 13 years ago, and a string of pearls I received as a high school graduation present way back in 2000. The necklace especially made me smile, because I can't even remember the last time I pulled it out.
- Big boys and I finished Stuart Little, our first real chapter read-aloud book. I think this activity is going to be really good for the three of us. I loved reading aloud with and to my parents as a kid, and it's fun to share some of the stories I grew up with. Next up: Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's Magic.
- We shared a fun dinner outside with good friends tonight while the kids ran around like maniacs. We intended to have them at our house, but our showing got moved and we ended up just bringing our raw chicken to their house and they did the rest. Sometimes the best dinner parties are the ones thrown together via text message at the last minute.
It's my bedtime. Goodnight!