So much gratitude today! Here are a few snippets, because my bedtime is coming up quickly.
- The weather: it was a perfect, sunny 73 today. As I age, my heat tolerance is diminishing quickly from the days of my youth when I wanted every day to be 90 degrees or above. Today's weather was spot on: a bit of wind, warm enough to feel heat from the sun, but not too warm that a certain mom gets sweaty pitching at the baseball field.
- A friend with a scary medical diagnosis had surgery today and last I heard the doctors were closing her up. Things could be better for her and her family, but they could also be worse, and I'm grateful for the village they have surrounding them at this difficult time.
- Advice from friends: I love it when I send a complaining text to a friend and she has helpful advice. It happens often, and I'd feel like a sinking ship without that simple, easy dose of friendship when things get tough.
- I obsess over the four temperaments, so I loved this podcast today from Fountains of Carrots. I will definitely be revisiting this one and the links in the show notes, too.
- Crafts: I crafted today. I'll give you a minute to let that sink in. I did some faux flower arrangements (if you can call them that, I didn't "arrange" much) and I kind of love them. I'll post a picture someday when it's not 4 minutes past my bedtime.