Skip to main content

Day 224: Moving Day. Again.

I have no idea how many days behind I am on ye olde blog. Yesterday the truck was loaded up and today it was unloaded, and I am exhausted, both physically and emotionally. 

I am really sad to leave Fargo. I have such great friends there, not to mention our great parish/school and all of the other things that make living there so comfortable for me. I do feel like God called us out of our comfort zone this year, although I don't yet understand why. That feeling that this was the right choice doesn't mean it was/is an easy choice. I tear up when I start thinking of all we are leaving behind, so I'll quit with the feels right there. 

The apartment is shaping up nicely. Here's a picture to prove it: 

Here's one that more accurately depicts how I feel: 

We're calling it a day. We should be relaxing with some prime time Olympics, but our antenna only gets Fox. Sad face. I'm going to catch up on my blog reading and enjoy a drink and a bootleg Chris Robinson + Marc Ford CD we used to love back when we listened to CDs. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 304: You Have Dignity Because You Belong To God

"We let our ability to do things speak to our dignity.... You are not valuable because you do things. You are not valuable because you look good or because you have a charming personality or because you have been successful at work. You have dignity because you belong to God." ~The Reverend Brian Larkin, Homily for 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time, October 23, 2016. 

Listen to the full homily here (choose the one for XXX Sunday in Ordinary Time).

His homily is directly related to a physician-assisted suicide measure on the ballots in Colorado next week, but is applicable to everyone. He tells a moving story about Pope John Paul II at the end of his life, and discusses how, as humans, we all have inherent dignity. Even if we are not productive (something I could use a lesson in). Even if we are suffering (which we all will at times).

I'm so glad that my church is clear about its stance on human dignity. We aren't valuable because someone wants us or because we are doing s…

Seven Random Things I Like

It's been a while, so I'm going to link up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum  for 7 Quick Takes today! I present to you seven random things I like, and for which I am grateful today.

1. Lent! Time to repent! I do like Lent, and with a weird rib-area cartilage injury and a bad cold to set the pace, it's shaping up to be a really Lenty Lent. I'm using the Blessed is She Lenten journal for my daily prayer time and am trying...t r y i n g this 5-Minute sacrifice. I did fairly well at it Wednesday, and pretty crappy Thursday. So there you go. Onward and upward.

I will embarrassingly admit that it took me until my 35th year to realize that I don't have to read all the things on the interwebs, even if they are about a topic of interest to me. The webs are awash with posts about how to Lent, and but thank goodness I resisted the urge to click on all of them and just licked on this one by Jenny at Mama Needs Coffee. Of course you know I want to share everything she w…

Day 358: My 2017 Reading Goals

I have never planned my reading before, and I know better than to try to tackle a whole bunch of books, or lay out a month-by-month plan. That would mean sure failure, because lots of books will come up throughout the year that shoot right to the top of my list. So I picked eight (but actually 14) from my extensive Pinterest board and semi-committed to them by writing them in my planner. In pencil. I haven't included any audio books, but I have a large Audible wishlist and I'm sure I could find some from my list on audio book at the library. 
Without further ado, here are my book goals for 2017: Little Women - Lousia May Alcott. I had hoped to finish this one in December but I have probably 250 pages left heading into Christmas Eve, so let's be real. I love it, though! The Family That Overtook Christ - M. Raymond. This is the favorite book of my super-holy priest friend and he basically commanded me to read it and assured me it would change my life. So I'm a little ter…