Skip to main content

Super Bowl LI

I know Thursday  Friday is too late to review the Super Bowl. I do. But I'm doing it anyway, because I jotted down some notes while watching it and darn it, I'm going to put them to good use.
Ponder. Heh. 

We were grateful that the game was on our only network channel, FOX, and so we could stay home for it. That worked out well because several of us, myself included, felt like crap. We laid low, the baby napped in a football uniform, and we ate the spicy Doritos I bought accidentally.  I didn't catch many commercials in their entirety because I have kids and they insisted on playing football in front of the TV while I was trying to watch football ON the TV.

I like football. I really enjoy watching it and I'm glad the kids like it. I don't care much for either of the teams, and I do like a good game. But if I have to choose between a good game and the Patriots losing, I'd choose the Patriots losing. Womp. I can't figure out exactly why I don't like Tom Brady. I mean, I bet if I met him, I'd find him perfectly nice. But I probably never will so I can go on disliking him for vague reasons.

Without further ado, my thoughts:
  • I teared up when all the football players shook hands with President and Barbara Bush after the coin toss. I truly did. It was probably my favorite moment of the whole show.
  • Why can't the game be at a respectable time like 2 or 3? Why? We were bored all day and then the kids stayed up an hour and a half late. 
  • I don't really like Cam Newton, but for reasons I can't explain, I always sort of like his commercials. The pee-wee football one was alright, but I can't get the clip to work. 
  • Probably my favorite commercial was the Christoper Walken and Justin Timberlake one. Because I like both of them. And I love N'SYNC. I ain't afraid to say it, either. 

  • Oh I also liked the Humpty Dumpty TurboTax hospital one. Yes.

  • I skipped Lady Gaga. She's pretty low on my list of people I'm interested in seeing perform, although I am well aware that she has real talent. I just figured it would be a political "statement" thing and I didn't want to deal with that on a full stomach of chili and hot dogs. I've seen bits and pieces and it appears it was fine, but nothing I regret not displaying in front of the boys. 
  • Of course, the kids stopped playing football in front of the TV and entertained themselves nicely in a different room as soon as half time started. We watched The Jeffersons on our other channel. 
  • I didn't jot down any notes in the second half. I guess it was kind of boring until the big comeback, so I was either engaged in my knitting or enthralled by the epic comeback. 
Aaaand that's it. My sensitive, football-loving child had to leave the room when the game went into OT, because we all knew that meant Tom Brady would win again. Wompety womp. Anyway, we had a good time and now Sunday afternoons throughout the rest of the winter will be (more) lame and (more) boring. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! Remember me?

Hey! I'm still here! I haven't given up on ye olde blog just yet, but I haven't had much to write about. I've been spending most of my time reading, mothering, household-running, reading, watching Instagram stories, and house hunting. Whew. Summer is flying by at breakneck speeds and I can barely keep up. I've read more books already than I did last year, which I think is saying a lot because I read more books last year than any year since I became a mother. I didn't set a number goal, but I did list out 10 or 15 that I wanted to get to. I've finished most, including the Harry Potters, but not all. It's a good reading year! Right now I'm reading one by a woman who gave up the Internet for a year. Insert scared emoji face. House hunting will likely be a whole separate post...someday. I have a few other posts in the rusty old brain, so we'll see if they come to fruition. I just didn't want you to forget about me!

Seven Random Things I Like

It's been a while, so I'm going to link up with Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum  for 7 Quick Takes today! I present to you seven random things I like, and for which I am grateful today. 1. Lent! Time to repent! I do like Lent, and with a weird rib-area cartilage injury and a bad cold to set the pace, it's shaping up to be a really Lenty Lent. I'm using the Blessed is She Lenten journal for my daily prayer time and am trying...t r y i n g this 5-Minute sacrifice. I did fairly well at it Wednesday, and pretty crappy Thursday. So there you go. Onward and upward. I will embarrassingly admit that it took me until my 35th year to realize that I don't have to read all the things on the interwebs, even if they are about a topic of interest to me. The webs are awash with posts about how to Lent, and but thank goodness I resisted the urge to click on all of them and just licked on this one  by Jenny at Mama Needs Coffee. Of course you know I want to share everyth...

Take Note!

I know a fair amount about myself, about my tendencies and my personality. I can't be the only one who likes finding out more about myself in this regard, as there are tons of profiles and quizzes and articles discussing these topics. I've known some things for a long while: I'm a reader.  I like things done correctly versus quickly. I'm an introvert.  I'm a picky eater, and I like mostly bland food.  I'm better at editing than writing.  I love organizing.  I dislike conflict. I'm a list-maker.  And in the last few years, I've learned that: My primary temperament is melancholic . My secondary temperament is choleric (so there's a teeny bit of extrovert in there). In Myers-Briggs, I'm an ISTJ . One of my gifts is administration, which is why I like paperwork, and love spreadsheets. I am loyal, in relationships but also in seemingly irrelevant things like making sure to read every post by my favorite bloggers even if the top...