Skip to main content

Wednesday Yarn Along

Photography skillz: weak

I had another post in draft about how hashtags don't do that much and I feel like contacting the White House, the VP, the First Lady and my state's senators (which I did) is actually more productive than sharing memes and hashtags on social media, but this is way more fun!

I follow @ginnysheller on Instagram and I totally love all of her photos. Plus, she has a most adorable baby named Mabel, so I can barely even handle that. I can only aspire to her knitting prowess, but I thought it would be fun to link up with her Wednesday Yarn Along post anyway. Her blog posts are always worth reading, too, for what it's worth. She is thoughtful and wise and I'm always glad when I've read one of her posts.  

I'm not working on anything fancy, knitting-wise, just a dishcloth to replace some that are wearing out. Color: Caribbean, because winter. I'm a little more into reading than knitting right now so this easy project is just right. 

My dear middle son is begging me for a replacement winter hat since the one I made him two years ago is almost in shreds. I have the yarn for it so I suppose I'll start that today and leave the washcloth for another time. I can't resist a sweet kid a hand-knitted hat, man. 

For reading, I am three books into the Harry Potter series (enjoying it!) and I just finished "The Blue Castle" by L.M. Montgomery (loved it), so I'm back to working on "The Family That Overtook Christ." I was assured by a priest friend that it would change my life. I can't say that quite yet, but it's interesting, compelling, convicting, and I am happily plugging along a few pages at a time. 

More thoughts on knitting here

Comments

  1. I like dish cloths. Well, not really, but I get more excited about doing the dishes when I have a homemade one. Well, not really. Fun color!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Am A Blogger: CWBN 2017 Recap

The last weekend in March I had the great pleasure of attending a real life blogging conference! Like a real blogger! Cathedral of St. Paul Jacqui ,  Anna  and  Susanna  hosted the Catholic Women's Blogging Network Twin Cities get together at a stunning Summit Avenue mansion in St. Paul. Thirty-some wonderful Catholic women from the Twin Cities, the Midwest, and even Maryland joined up to talk blogging and really just to support each other and build each other up. My friend Monica encouraged me to go, and I signed up on a bit of a whim, figuring that if I paid for registration I'd be more inclined to go. If I didn't have a mutual friend link to one of the organizers, and if a couple of my most favoritest bloggers hadn't been speakers, I'd probably have chickened out.  In response to my evident nerves on the way, my husband wisely mused, "Well, if you're going to walk into a group of people you don't know, this is probably the best group yo

Hey! Remember me?

Hey! I'm still here! I haven't given up on ye olde blog just yet, but I haven't had much to write about. I've been spending most of my time reading, mothering, household-running, reading, watching Instagram stories, and house hunting. Whew. Summer is flying by at breakneck speeds and I can barely keep up. I've read more books already than I did last year, which I think is saying a lot because I read more books last year than any year since I became a mother. I didn't set a number goal, but I did list out 10 or 15 that I wanted to get to. I've finished most, including the Harry Potters, but not all. It's a good reading year! Right now I'm reading one by a woman who gave up the Internet for a year. Insert scared emoji face. House hunting will likely be a whole separate post...someday. I have a few other posts in the rusty old brain, so we'll see if they come to fruition. I just didn't want you to forget about me!

Overwhelmed by Information

We are experiencing crazy nice weather for North Dakota February. Today it was in the 40s so I took the kids out to play. We were out about 75 minutes. It wasn't many minutes into watching them shovel, throw ice chunks, and wander around that I got a little bored. I purposely left my phone upstairs (SO NOBLE, RIGHT?) but I found myself wishing I'd have brought my book. Then it struck me that I have information flowing into my brain almost constantly, and that I actually needed some time to wander around with no phone, no book, no radio, etc. I love reading, so much so that I'll read darn near anything. Kindergarten newsletter? Check. Junk mail? Sure. Random article shared on Facebook that I know will make my blood boil? Probably, if I'm bored enough. If I'm not reading, I'm usually listening. The radio or TV is on in the background, or I automatically throw on a podcast or audiobook if I have any amount of alone time for a walk or a drive. There is informati