I'm so tired right now, and I haven't really thought this through at all. I'm not sure I can make proper sentences. Today was a great day, and I'm resisting the urge to just list out all that has happened. You're welcome. I'll try to quickly list a few moments where I felt strong gratitude, starting with last night.
- My spouse kept the kids so I could travel alone to an event at our old parish and spend the night at a friend's house without kids.
- The exhortation at said event was so great. Father Craig explained how we can devote ourselves to Jesus through Mary. I wish everyone could hear it, because he made it make perfect sense, at least to me.
- I went to confession and was absolved of all the sins. Sweet freedom.
- Slept all night. Boom.
- Couples meeting this morning with five great couples. I love our monthly meal/meeting/discussion.
- Driving home today, the scenery did not disappoint. I don't see how people can think the I-94 drive is boring just because it's straight and fairly flat. With the fall colors and fields being combined, I just found the North Dakota countryside to be just beautiful today. It didn't hurt that I listened to the second half of the Bison game on the way. Whoop!
- My spouse powered through a busy couple of days while being sick, so I finally sucked it up and did some parenting tonight and the kids were really good. It's so, so pleasant to not be angry at bedtime, especially if bedtime is an hour later than normal.
Things are good. It's a great life that we have, and I have much to be grateful for today and every day. What are you thankful for today? I'd love to see a comment or two from you!