Yesterday was a day of small victories, ones I probably would have easily overlooked a year ago. Through my practice of daily gratitude, however, I was able to see the gift and give thanks for seemingly insignificant details of my day.
- My spouse and I had a half-day retreat at a church in town and childcare was provided. Yay! The big win, though, was that my little troop of introverts handled childcare provided by strangers and new kids pretty well! I'm sure it helped having new toys/movies, lots of snacks, and a few kids they already knew there, but I really expected the baby toddler to make a stink and end up on my lap for at least half of the morning.
- We heard some great talks and I added a couple books to my ridiculously long Amazon wish list.
- While all the people napped, I was able to give the kitchen/dining room floor and the upstairs bathrooms an overdue cleaning. The fruits of my labor were pretty much destroyed immediately after they woke up, but the sense of accomplishment lingered at least an hour past that. Maybe more.
- The big boys spent some quality outside time with their dad on a neature walk.
- My spouse and I had a good conversation even though all the small people stayed up late.
Small victories. I got 'em.